Physical activity is essential to maintain ideal body weight by burning excess calories and is a desirable adaptable lifestyle change or modifiable risk factor for health and in reducing chronic non communicable diseases including cancer.
Energy Expenditure of Various Physical Activities (Kcal/hr) 
- Approximate energy expenditure for a 60kg reference man. Individuals with higher body weight will spend more calories than those with lower body weight. Reference women (50kg) will spend 5% less calories
Nutritional Facts and Calorie burn
- You can lose I kg of your weight in approximately 17 days if you cut down 500 calories from your daily calorie intake.
- Physical activities burn more calories
- Choose foods that are larger in volume but contain low calories.
- Step up with 10,000 steps burn 300 calories
- One banana contains calories equivalent to that of eight pieces of watermelon
- One mango contains calories equivalent to that of three apples.
 Dietary Guidelines for Indians. 2010. National Institute of Nutrition, India.